Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Staging a Comeback

To say it's been a while would be an understatement.

I originally posted this on my Instagram account: @vartamelon 

I'll spare everyone details, but my ongoing journey to a career in medicine has not been an easy one. I know, I know, no one ever says becoming a doctor is easy, but no one ever says it's going to be this hard. I finished a pre-med program and basic sciences in Antigua, completed my preclinical rotation in New York and am now in limbo, studying for Step 1 so that I can begin my clinical rotations.

That being said, now that I am officially stateside (actually have been back a while, but life) again, I am hoping to start this baby up again and post regularly. Despite med school teaching me all the complications of deep frying and smothering things with cheese or chocolate, my passion for the decadent and unhealthy has not waned.


No comments:

Post a Comment