Sunday, August 16, 2009

Deep Fried Snickers

I'm still on vacation, but I had something so ridiculously Vartamelon-y that I had to make a post about it as soon as I could and since I'm just unwinding in the room at the moment, what better time than now? There I was walking around the beach carnival when I saw one of those food stands and the sign for fried dough, hell to the yes, I wanted some fried dough. I got in line and started reading some of their other offerings: funnel cake (duh), elephant ears (turns out those are fried dough), and deep fried Twinkies. Next to the deep fried Twinkies was also a sign reading to ask what other things they deep fry, so I became the annoying girl in line asking them what else they deep fried. Turned out they deep fry Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and something else but I forgot. I chose the Snicker because peanuts have protein and that makes me feel less guilty. 

There it is, swimming in the oil, batter oozing everywhere, it's beautiful. A couple of people were asking what it was and gave me funny looks when I told them which surprised me because I thought deep frying everything was totally normal in the South. They then let the excess oil drip off. 
I think I've mentioned before that I make really ugly faces when I eat really delicious, fatty food. My brother captured this on camera. 



5 comments:

  1. Haha, awesome!

    I love that you chose the Snickers becuase it had protein in the peanuts :P F-ing hilarious. I bet you're having a blast....sure seems like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found your blog, and i love it! even though i don't eat carbs, bring on the meat and animal fat! love your liberal use of bacon, bacon fat,cheese, cream and eggs...yum

    oh, and you don't look ugly in that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, there is def some bacon and meaty goodness coming up soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to vacay in Myrtle Beach every summer for about 10 years and it was where we discovered FRIED PICKLES! Holy Goodness...and I too thought they fried everything in the South. I am in VA and I have worked in restaurants where they fry all of what you wrote about, plus oreos and other sweets. It is ridiculous.

    I am glad you had a good time and ate well. And I agree - the pic' is cute, no ugly face there.

    ReplyDelete