Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tagalong Pie

It was a rough day. The post I wanted to make turned out to be a super huge bust. I can't believe an attempt to deep fry something went awry. I feel so betrayed. Then, it was just a long day which I was not mentally prepped for because usually Wednesdays are easy breezy. And to add, I didn't make it to the gym. RAWR

Deep breath. I'm ok. I have redeemed myself from yesterdays kitchen fail. The amazing thing about this is someone had mentioned a pie using Tagalongs today and guess what I found in the closet??? That's right! TAGALONGS (and a box of Lemon Cremes, hmmm)!!! Between the peanut butter filling and the chocolate coating, I forwent attempting to use the cookies as the crust. Have you ever tried crushing Tagalongs
Totally looks like poop. 

I'm also not too proud of the Sandra Lee I totally pulled with the filling. I made a traditional graham cracker crust, closest thing I had to the internal Tagalong cookie part, using however many graham crackers are in one of those bags in a box of graham crackers and 3/4 stick melted butter pressed into one of those pie pans that pop up. For the filling I used one box of vanilla pudding mix, a couple of hefty spoons of peanut butter, 9 crushed Tagalongs (it was originally 10, but I ate one), and 2 cups of milk. I used a mixer because I wanted the cookie to become as smooth as possible. It got the job done, no cookie chunks at all, just little bits of chocolate speckled throughout. 
I then poured it into the crust and waited for an hour. Seriously, I waited. It was rough. But wise man said patience is a virtue. You know what I say? Modesty is a virtue God forgot to give me, so he made me better looking. That made no sense in there, but it's late and I'm tired and I still think that's a funny line. Moving on, the final product, Tagalong Pie!

Now, the artsy fartsy picture:
That cookbook it's sitting on was of NO use in this production aside from being used as a tray because someone is too lazy to get one out of the drawer.
Yummy.

Someone needs to back me up here, I can't be the only person that does that much damage in 5 minutes. 

8 comments:

  1. I could do that much damage...I hope. What did you do with the failed crushed tagalongs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha.....that's a nice bit o' damage :P That and a large glass of milk I presume!

    Don't EVER use Sanrda Lee as a comparison with youself...ever....even if in a derogatory manner....on your worst day you're 100 times better than that woman of no talent....I mean just the combinations you think up alone...not to mention the execution.....okay, okay, unless you start showing us "Tablescapes" :P

    One of these days you've got to ship me out one of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 9 crushed Tagalongs mentioned in paragraph 3 are the poop in the bag from the first picture!

    LOL Bear! I had to say it because it's not a fully homemade (hahaha, avoided her line)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl do people help you eat all this? That looks so awesome!

    I would love to bake everyday for my blog, but it would go to waste cause it's only hubby and me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is WOW. I wish computers (and the Food Network) would come up with Smell-O-Vision or Taste-O-Vision, because I'm drooling all over my keyboard looking at that. Great job.

    -IndianapolisEater
    wouldibuyitagain.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, less than half the pie remains as we speak. It's so addictive because when I blended the crushed cookies with the pudding it became smooth, even the little chocolate flecks are smooth and you can't taste the vanilla at all. While technically my parents can help me out with eating this stuff, it all depends on what it is. My mom is a picky eater. My dad eats whatever is put in front of him.

    Indy Eater, along with the Lemon Cremes, I found a box of Samoas. Gears are turning, but I seriously need to wait until after my beach trip with the family, this blog has made me gain a few pounds and that's just unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just have to work out a little harder! We need these daily posts! :)

    I know that your site is a daily stop (and drool inducer as I envy the creations) for me, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never tried Tagalong Pie, but I might have to now. Good stuff! Samoas....mmmm

    ReplyDelete